Monday, September 7, 2015

Billie Jean: Our New Horse


Hello Everyone!!

Today was the lucky day. 

After a long trail ride, Billie Jean was dropped off at our house. 


Te N Te Investment, or "Billie" is a 18 year old QH mare. She was a cutter in her younger days, and has had 5 babies. Before you cringe at her age (I did!), she is a relative of the great Investor, who died at age 36 just because of old age complications. Her bloodline is known to stay strong throughout their 20's, and some really good friends and neighbors of ours also have a gelding out of the Investor, and at age 19 he still wins barrel races and is the most lively out of the 4 horses they own. 



We found Billie (who wasn't actually officially for sale) from those neighbors I mentioned in the last paragraph. They had a really good friend who was moving and just couldn't afford to board Billie along with her other two horses. My mom was looking for a Steady Eddie that could carry her on trail rides and yet still have a good gallop on. Our neighbor told us about Billie, and when mom and I went and saw her, we fell in love. Mom felt very comfortable on her, and we knew that she would be coming home with us. 

Of course we didn't have the space, so we sold Cheyenne. 


Billie came home today and she is so sweet. My mom is overjoyed, and I am excited for her. We may have sold 3 horses this year, but Billie is to here to stay!! 


~Alyssa 




2 comments:

Be please kind and respectful. I love comments, and I would love it if you sent some my way!!!