Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Thankful

With Thanksgiving drawing close to us, it makes me realize how thankful I am for my horse. Sure, Ollie was quite a handful back in the Spring, but training him made us much closer.  He taught me many things; patience, courage, loyalty, durability, diligence, and how to stay positive even when I thought Ollie would always be aggressive. Thanks to Mrs. June, my neighbors, and Clinton Anderson,  I changed my horse. But while training Ollie I found that he was training me. I softened my cues, my seat greatly improved while under saddle, I started having a really good "feel" for the horse. I have now used what Ollie has taught me with other horses, both in our barn and elsewhere. Ollie and I are very, very bonded now. He moves off with the slightest cue, he listens to everything I say, and he is willing to try nearly everything. I tend to forget about how thankful I should be. I have an amazing horse, and  while he may not be the prettiest equine, or a lone flowing mane and tail, he is a beautiful horse in my eyes. I love you, Ollie. :)




3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you and Ollie have a very special bond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw that's so great! I love it when you realize that you've really developed a bond with your horse❤️
    ~Kristen 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kristen! Yeah, i think it is cool too! Thanks!

      Delete

Be please kind and respectful. I love comments, and I would love it if you sent some my way!!!