Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Groundwork With Ollie-Day 15


Because this blog is new, you haven't been able to see all of the work I have done with Ollie before, but he has had about 50 days of groundwork with me, but only 15 or so with Clinton Anderson. :)


Yesterday I spent some time doing groundwork with Ollie. Today I am doing more riding work and because Ollie and I graduated the Fundamentals level of Clinton Anderson (yay! kudos to me!!) we are now doing Intermediate groundwork and are close to being in Intermediate for the riding portion. Here are some pictures for y'all to enjoy. :)


(Note: I only focused on Fundamentals yesterday, and my sister came out at the last minute, so you didn't get to see all of the exercises I did with him, just a few, but I thought you would like pictures anyway!!)

Mr. Handsome




Backing Up-Stage 2-Fundamentals level.

Lunging For Respect Stage 2-Fundamentals Level (using forequarters to turn instead of disengaging hindquarters and then turning a different direction).

Lunging for Respect Stage 2-Fundamentals level

Lunging For Respect (again).



Then I did some work with Ollie at Liberty. 



Disengaging Hindquarters (Liberty)-Stage 1-Fundamentals

Circle Driving (Liberty)-Stage 1-Fundamentals


Changing Direction...

...the finish of Changing Direction-Fundamentals (Liberty)

I love my smart, handsome, Appaloosa! 

~Alyssa 






2 comments:

  1. It looks like you are doing a wonderful job with Ollie. I love playing with my horse at liberty and it's so cool to see other people doing the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Yes, I think that groundwork is the most important part of horse training. I love your blog BTW, and I look forward to reading more! :)

      ~Alyssa

      Delete

Be please kind and respectful. I love comments, and I would love it if you sent some my way!!!