Monday, December 14, 2015

Riding Ollie...After 1 Month Off



Hello everyone!

I rode Ollie today. The weather here has just been horrible, and snow has not left the ground for over a month now. We have another snowstorm coming into tonight. So, I decided to use one of the nicest days we have had this month to ride my little boy.

It was almost as if he never had one month off.


Perfect. He was honestly perfect. Collection is coming along very, very nice. Picked up the right leads, stopped as soon as I sat back in the saddle, and if I sat back more he would backup without pressure for the reins or clucking. Tap lightly with my spurs and he would collect, rounding his back. He would canter off from the walk, with only at maximum two walk steps in between gait changes from the walk to the canter. A good attitude and very willing. His bends were perfect and his lateral flexion was on point. Disengaging hindquarters, spinning, neck reining.....just fantastic.

Ollie is a hard worker who loves to work. It was almost as if he was saying "YAY!!!! I WAS SO BORED!! Ride me, ride me!!"

I have always said it, but I am going to say it again. I am so blessed to have this horse.

~Alyssa

*I have no riding photos so here are some of the liberty pictures I took today. Ignore the halter...I wasn't paying attention to it and forgot to tuck it in*





2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. It sounds like you had a really good ride!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I keep watching your blog posts and I would say that Gambler looks amazing!!!

      ~Alyssa

      Delete

Be please kind and respectful. I love comments, and I would love it if you sent some my way!!!