Monday, October 19, 2015

Dawson Butte


On Saturday my friends called me and asked if I would like for them to trailer Ollie and I and come with them to Dawson Butte. I happily said yes, and after a quick 30 minute drive, we unloaded our horses, tacked them up, and were off on to the trail. 


The scenery was breathtaking. The warm fall air, the changing leaves, the clean trails, the blue sky, and the tall foothills in the background were so beautiful. It was a perfect afternoon to be out with the horses.  



L to R: Alex and Remy, Olivia and Pepper, and me on Ollie.

Happy!!

Buddies

Dawson Butte has a lot of cross country jumps, and while I have never jumped before, and Ollie had never jumped before, and we were in a Western Saddle, we still decided to give it a try. 

Mrs. Tanya on Knee High

Ollie and I  
Olivia and Pepper

Ollie started to figure out how the whole jumping thing worked (as well as I!). He was so willing to jump all of the jumps and he really enjoyed doing it!

Pure Happy

Mrs. Tanya on Knee High

Alex and I jumping together

...and by the end he started to look like quite the jumping horse!


I had so much fun at Dawson Butte, and I am so thankful for my friends who invited me to come along, and I sure hope we can go again before the weather gets bad! 

~Alyssa 


1 comment:

  1. That looks like a lot of fun. Ollie is such a cute jumper!

    ReplyDelete

Be please kind and respectful. I love comments, and I would love it if you sent some my way!!!